SF Farmers Market Haul #1


It's summer time and the farmers markets here in San Francisco are bursting with vibrant color from vegetables and fruits of all shapes and sizes. Yesterday on my lunch break, I passed by the Heart of the City Farmers Market at UN Plaza/Civic Center, which is always poppin' on a Wednesday. (If you go on Sunday, there are less vendors and less variety, but still some good deals to be had.)

Here's what I got for $11.25:
  • 8 juicy ripe nectarines for a $1/lb. = $2.25 
  • 2 organic carrots + 2 organic gold potatoes + 1 head of organic broccoli = $3.50 
  • 1 bunch of dino kale, pesticide-free = $1 
  • 1 basket of organic tree oyster mushrooms = $3.50 (I was told the yellow ones have a more delicate flavor, good for salads.)
  • 2 organic cucumbers = $1
Not bad at all, especially considering the quality I'm getting. 

Lately, I've been cutting back on non-work commitments that no longer hold the same interest for me, so I can focus on my health and taking care of my little household. I still put in time for projects and community issues that are important to me, but understand I can't take on everything. So far, it's been paying in dividends; I'm happier and healthier, and so is my home environment. I'm also freer to focus my energies on activities that I do choose to invest my time in, including this blog!

Comments

Popular Posts